For the past seven years, I have seen God move in ways that I had not known before. Something important that I wanted to share is the power of declaring God’s Word. Feel free to speak the following verses out loud (even for the next couple of days – it works), and allow God’s power to work from the inside:
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life..
- Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God..
- Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost..
- Matthew 6:12 Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors..
- Isaiah 53:5 He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him, and with His stripes we are healed..
- Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross..
- Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God..
- Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for You are my praise..
- Psalm 30:2 O Lord my God, I cried unto You, and You have healed me..
My encouragement for all is to view the New Testament (beginning at either Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John), and ask God to help understand these verses. Mark 4 talks about allowing God’s Word to grow on good ground (an open heart), so it is important to 1) keep an open heart, 2) connect with Jesus by asking Him questions, and 3) read what He teaches through His Word. A link to an online Bible is available here.
Repentance (a.k.a. turning away from sin) is needed and the result of a truly changed life (therefore, the need to read the Bible daily to renew your mind). Matthew 4:17 records the first thing that Jesus preaches, which is to repent. Invite the Holy Spirit to enter your life and guide you through this journey of transformation.
Next, make sure to get plugged in with a Bible-believing church that does not rely on the doctrines of men, but of God. Within the church, there is an opportunity to identify with the changed life that we have in Jesus through water baptism, which symbolizes 1) the washing away of our sins, and 2) the end to the sinful nature.
There are resources available for walking in the ways of Jesus through audio and visual teachings available from Victorious Living Church and Fire Young Adult Community (Zion Christian Fellowship).
I’m available if you have any questions about the Bible, my testimony, and my current walk with God. Be blessed, and most importantly, be plugged in to the favor and love of Jesus! Much love.